Did you know nearly 75% of adults in the U.S. have some fear of going to the dentist? In fact, fear of the dentist is so common that there are two names for it—odontophobia and dentophia!
There are many reasons behind a fear of the dentist:
- A personal traumatic or painful experience
- Impersonal, uncaring dentists
- Movies and TV
- A perception that you’re helpless or don’t have control
There’s no need for pain or anxiety when visiting Dr. William Myers. We understand how you feel. After all, dentists are patients too! We can help your anxiety and any potential pain during your treatment. The most pain you should ever have would be temporary soreness after a more involved procedure.
We can help those pre-visit jitters with sedation dentistry, a prescription medication that you take ahead of time to help you relax. Once you’re here, we can also use nitrous oxide—or laughing gas—to help you relax even further.
- Eliminates the stress of drills and needles
- Reduces the fear of going to dentist
- Minimally invasive
- Fewer dental visits, less time in dental chair
- Return to daily routine faster after treatment
- Less chance of drug interactions
If you have a fear of going to the dentist, call our office at 574-376-2344 and talk to us about it. We’ll explain how we can help you relax before and during your appointment.